Entries accepted October 18 - 24
You know the ones, those books with covers that look so great, then you read them and think . . . what?! Or the book all your friends are raving about, then you see the cover and think . . . meh.
Here's your chance to set thinigs straight. Pick a favorite book (or even one you hate) and create a cover that really represents the book inside.
Submit your entry to the Information Desk during Teen Read Week, October 18 - 24. We'll judge the week after and award the winner a prize of art materials plus a surprise gift card.
- Open to anyone in 6th - 12th grades
- The book has to be a Young Adult book (if you're not sure your choice is YA, ask Cressant)
- Submit your art with your name, grade, and a phone number on the back
- One submission per person
- Art in any form is allowed (consider drawing, painting, collage, digital . . .). But keep it book-cover-sized. No 6-foot murals, please. If you have digital art, email it to Cressant or drop off on a CD or flash drive at the Information Desk. Make sure it's in a jpg or other format we can open!
- Judging will be based on overall creativity and how well the cover expresses the book it represents.
- All art will be displayed in the Teen area for two weeks after the contest; it will then be available to pick up at the Information Desk.